What does it take to love your body? What does it take to love yourself?
We’re constantly told what is and isn’t beautiful. We tell ourselves what we should and shouldn’t be. We strive to be more- more beautiful, sexier, more attractive, more accepted.
This list isn’t about being curvy or being thin. This list isn’t about playing up your best features and hiding your worst. This list is about loving yourself just as you are.
Loving my body, and myself, just as I am is a work in progress. Some of these practices come easy to me, and some are beliefs I’m working on adopting. I’ll share my list, and I hope you’ll share yours! So what does it take?
23 ways to love your body and yourself- just as you are!
01. Make a list of everything you love about yourself
02. Ask your friends and family to add to your list
04. Wear clothes that look and feel great
05. Get rid of clothes that don’t fit right
(Yes, even that dress/those jeans you love that just don’t fit!)
06. Dance naked, with abandon
07. Sing loudly, even if you’re out of tune
08. Surround yourself with people that believe in you
09. Believe in yourself
10. Treat yourself to a boudoir photo shoot
11. Show your photos to others and see your beautiful self through their eyes!
12. Express yourself- your ideas, your creativity, your style!
13. Be uniquely you!
14. Stop making self-deprecating remarks
15. Start making self-celebrating comments!
16. Look at yourself in the mirror every day and tell yourself, “I love you”!
(It’s soooooo corny, but it totally works, I swear!)
17. Stop waiting to be happy with yourself
(You know, waiting to lose weight, waiting to change yourself in some way.)
19. Take good care of your body
20. Take good care of your mind
21. Do something you don’t want to do but you know is good for you
22. See beauty all around you
23. See beauty in you